Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Precious Jewels
Every year at school, the Casey and Austin have a holiday gift store from where they purchase presents for our family. They learn budgeting and selecting something special for each member of their family. This will be the third year for Austin, and each year, he has chosen jewelry for his momma. Today he came to me and wanted me to open his early so that I could "use it tomorrow". He is so excited for me to open it. Now this heart shaped box is larger than my head I think, and the jewelry is sized to match the box (you get the picture!). This sweet son of mine who puts so much thought into what he will get stood with a smile on his face while I opened his gift. As I was opening it, I remember running into my good friend Sher yesterday at Target with her 19 year old Ryan, who is moving into his first apartment in just two days. I wished for time to stand still with my delighted son standing over me with his arm wrapped around my shoulder. He reminds me so much of his daddy. So these are my precious jewels that I will be wearing very proudly tomorrow.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My heart melts thinking of his precious gift. I love little boys and their mamas. ♥
Tell him that he did a wonderful job selecting your beautiful jewels.
Austin, you have great taste. That is beautiful.
Austin did a wonderful job picking them out. They are beautiful. Enjoy these moments before one day another lady will hold the keys to his heart.:) Just hope she will be one you will love also like we do.
Post a Comment