Monday, February 23, 2009

Some Valentine L.O.V.E.


Austin's class did my favorite project for Valentines Day. Casey did this project in the 4th grade too, and I loved it and the poster stayed on her wall for about a year! The kids write in a heart why they think each classmate is special. The parents send in a big heart about why our son/daughter is special. That big heart goes in the center of the poster, with all the other smaller hearts surrounding it. It was a completely different experience doing this first, with a girl, then with a boy. He hated sitting down and writing out "emotions"! Casey put her heart and soul into it, thinking of very detailed "specialness". Austin, however, kept putting down "you are cool". I kept having to explain that he needed to write WHY they are cool. On the evening he was finishing his hearts, he exclaimed "I hate this valentines day stuff". Oh my, we have a long way to go girls!

The final project came home and here are some of my favorites about Austin:
You are special because:
"You are funny and share your snack". (obviously, food is important!)

"You make up funny things". (hmmmm, where does he get that?)

"You are always not afraid to do anything". (could be good or bad..)

"You look good". (oh, yeah, that's my boy)

"You're goofy and I like your eraser". (when was life this simple??)

"You are smart at math".

"You are always happy" (melt myyyy heart)

"You are brave" (goes back to "do anything??")

"You like to play with me" (love that one, too...)

"You are a very good friend and good at football" (gotta have the sports in there)

"When I sit by you, you make me laugh" (yes that would be from a girl)

"No one can run as fast as you and you're awesome at math" (also a girl...)

"You are kind to others and very nice".
Can we just bask for a moment in the goodness of fourth grade???



3 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Awwww - I love this!! It was so fun to read everything they wrote!! Hannah's class did the same thing, but had to write it on their own handmade valentines - I should put them all on a poster for her!

Jennie said...

He should go into politics. everyone loves him.

Karen said...

Austin would have boycotted Valentines Day if he had had to handmake the cards.