Sunday, August 16, 2009

Small Town Fun!

Today we went to see Travis participate in a tractor pull in his dad's hometown of St. Paul Park. I thought that when I saw a duck and a bull lead a parade in my little hometown, that I'd seen small town America. Well, I think SPP has KH beat in that category! After the tractor pull, we went to the "mud volleyball courts" and let the kids jump in the mud. I'm sure it is going down in history as one of their all time favorite memories! We will be q-tipping their ears for weeks to come. And Casey's braces may need an adjustment after flossing all the mud out (not kidding).


Travis on his sweet ride....


Travis getting last minute advice from his uncle

Some of the competition



Our clean kids before the mudpit...





That would be my sweet little princess....
making a "mud angel"

Joy in the shower
All clean. Supposedly.

3 comments:

casey ryan said...

That was so much fun and I think it was creative to make a mud angel and you float on mud water you can't sink how kewl

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Oh my heavenly stars!! How did you transport those muddy children home? Time to clean the van?

Nothin beats a good ol tractor pull.

Nana said...

They look like they were having a ball. Sometimes "country living" really is neat. I doubt I would enjoy it,but those kids certainly seemed too. From snow to mud!