Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter (a day late)! We had a great weekend with even better weather and we are all spoiled now in our shorts and capris. Hopefully, April will be as kind as March and we can pack away the winter coats and boots. We all went to church on Saturday night which was a little weird for Easter so we just pretended that the stone had already been rolled away. Dad had to fly early Sunday morning and was back home by 2 pm for Easter dinner, which was sooooo yummy. The kids were on spring break last week and we've been on many walks and bike rides this week and we did some more of that yesterday. The puppies are so excited to be able to walk their trail in the woods again.

After pigging out on "linner" we headed over to the Smiths for an Easter egg hunt with 163 eggs (trust me - we recounted many times!). The kids had a blast and begged for us to hide them all again! But usually, one good go-around is enough, as they proved during the second go-around that ensued in too much competition between the boys and girls and ended up with a few wrestling matches in the yard and a whole bucket of plastic eggs being tossed high in the air as a sign of surrender to the sister. I didn't have my camera and after a long walk and a 137 mile bike ride, I was too lazy to walk the half-a-block home to get it. So I'm sure Michelle will send me hers and I'll post them later. It's worth the wait. We ended the hunt with chocolate cupcakes topped with plastic Easter rings that Jasmine (their lab) licked the icing off of so we could wear them. Which reminds me, some of the plastic eggs contained dog treats, so it was hilarious to see Jas follow the kid who would find those!

We had a wonderful spring break week - thank you Lord for the beautiful weather! Now I will continue my spring cleaning and today's job is cleaning out the winter coats and shoes from the front closet. I will be doing that with a song in my heart!





If we're all honest, this is what most of the pictures look like when there's a brother involved who delays the photo process.


The question of the day: "At what age do you stop making an Easter basket for your child?" Cary's answer: "Probably not til they're married".



Watch out for those sour gummy balls.


Even the little one enjoyed the yummy Easter fixings.


3 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Love the pictures - that one of Austin messing around made me laugh out loud!! I usually get one of those every Easter - somehow everyone behaved this year. It must be the weather, its simply glorious! No surprise - we have the same exact Easter basket (the one in the middle) - and hey, I still make an Easter basket for my hubby, they're never too old! Kirsty told me yesterday that I will have to make one for her no matter how old she is, that I will just have to ship it!! ???? It was good to talk for so long this morning! Miss you!

Nana said...

Looks like a great Easter. God blessed so many places with awesome weather. Just makes the day that much better. Great pictures. 137 mile bike ride? You have got to be kidding.

Karen said...

I'm kidding but it felt like it going uphill on the way home!