Hannah, each morning our backyard is filled with many different birds feeding at the feeder and also on these black-eyed susan flowers that are no longer blooming. The birds love the seed pods. Do you have any of these flowers? The birds feed on them during fall, so you may want to plant a few for next year because they sure do attract many small birds. I took these pictures one morning this week and wished you could've seen the mayhem! I took them through the window in the family room while Bella and Toby were just going nuts trying to get through the window to chase them! A few cardinals were also in the trees, but I didn't take a picture of them because I know you said you didn't like them (but I still love their bright red :)!



Birdy Turf Wars :)
This little one finally had enough of the dogs at the window and actually flew up to the window twice and pecked at them! I couldn't believe it!
4 comments:
Those are finches!!! Probably females. The males are much brighter yellow. Except in winter, maybe they are males changing color already. I know they LOVE black eyed susans. We don't have any in our yard, even though they are our state flowers. That is one brave little birdie that tried to attack the dogs. Thank you Aunt Kiki for taking those pictures for me. I love you and miss you!
Love, HANNAH-BANANA
I love these little birds. In the winter around December they come to Florida and boy do they ever eat a lot. Sometimes there are tons of them on a feeder at one time. When it starts getting warm they turn bright yellow and then the head back north. Hannah doesn't like cardinals? I can't believe it. they are so pretty. They seem to be in every state too. One of my fave birds.
Nana, We used to love cardinals - until a mentally disturbed cardinal decided to attack our home ALL YEAR (for many years) - knocking on the front door every five minutes (until we removed the shiny kickplate), then he moved to the back sliding glass door and flew into it repeatedly all day long - which makes the dogs go bananas, which makes me NUTS!! Now he attacks his reflection on the underside of our glass patio table over and over and over and over leaving humungous piles of bird poop on the deck under the table. really, really, really tired of that cardinal. But I just can't bring myself to try to permanently get "rid" of him.
That is so funny. I remember him hitting your front door, didn't realize he was still terrorizing you. Hope he goes away soon. Send him south.
Post a Comment