We woke up Saturday morning to a beautiful snowfall. Even though we've lived here for 12 years, there's still a sense of wonder when you wake up in the morning to the hushed quiet sound and you open the blinds and see this:
Cary is always the first one out the door and this is what he loves to do!

Stormy had to check out the snow, but quickly came back inside.
Our maple tree is the last tree to lose it's leaves, and there are still brilliant yellow leaves on it.
We then headed over the Kari's house to celebrate her 14th birthday. I CANNOT believe I just said 14! This week, she got an expander and braces, and sounds just too adorable when she talks.

We've been waiting months for this night! The Toby Mac and Skillet concert in Minneapolis! We met the Dodds for dinner before heading to Target Center. Always a fun time when Wendy's present!
I was mostly excited about seeing Toby Mac, but I am now a new fan of Skillet. For one thing, they have VERY talented musicians - one of my favorite moments was the cello and violin duo that just rocked. The drummer is incredible! Cary kept calling the band Skittles and has become the running joke. He had us laughing so hard ALL night, especially on the way home :).
They certainly know how to put on a show!
Casey and Nicole were rockin' it out!
Toby Mac took stage and we danced to every song and had an awesome time.
The girls skipping along as we were trying to find our car in the garage.
And the adventure never ends with the Ryan family. It was midnight as we're driving through our little hometown, and I see out of the corner of my eye something run across the road by the grocery store. I tell the fam that I think I just saw a kitten. Well, it was cold and snowy and so....of course, momma says to papa, "honey, turn around". Nicole says it was straight out of the scene from Blind Side :). We turn around, park in the back of the grocery store parking lot and Nicole, Casey and I hop out and go to where I saw it last. The poor thing was sitting at the base of a tree beside the busy road! We slowly walked toward it and it shot straight up the tree. Nicole didn't even hesitate, but started climbing the tree! Here we are, standing next to the road in the middle of town at midnight, while my oldest is up a tree (and I mean, WAY UP) trying to rescue the kitten! Cary said all he could see was Casey laughing and the whole tree shaking.
Nicole caught the kitty, got all scratched up getting down the tree and this poor thing was tiny! We hop in the car, Nicole is holding the kitty and Austin wakes up, his eyes get big, and asks "Nicole! Where did you get a cat??". Never a dull moment.



3 comments:
Never a dull moment is right! The little black cat with the milk spot under its chin is so cute. Love the snow pic. I'm with Cary and would have to get into it as soon as I could.
I am crazy about Tobey Mac. They were here last year in concert! I didn't get to go but my kids did. I've got all his stuff they did. I have meant to listen to Skillet and I haven't. But I will.
You all have a great rest of the year. Pleasure to happen in on you.
and thank you SO much for rescuing that kitten.
Post a Comment