Saturday, December 11, 2010

I ♥ Saturdays: Blizzard!


We are snowed in - big time! These pictures are from around 11 this morning and it just kept snowing and blowing like crazy. So far we got 15 inches on top of another 15 we already had. The airport was shut down, an emergency declared and it wasn't even worth shoveling or blowing out the driveway because it would just fill back up in a few minutes. Even the Mall of America closed at 6 tonight, which is unheard of! We stayed in all day, eating our way through the day I think, watching movies, getting caught up on indoor stuff and enjoying the relaxation.



This is the back sliding door with a screen - the wind blew so hard, it would blow the snow in between the screen and the door.


The girls hunkered down watching Lord of the Rings.


"But I don't wanna go potty in a foot of snow...."


The basement window...


Cary, Casey & Austin building the annual trampoline snow fort! These pics are fuzzy because it was snowing so hard.





Tonight, we all piled in the fort with our candles and dogs. As Cary says "it's all fun and games til someone poops in the igloo" - hence, the dogs finally went potty :).








Stay warm!

3 comments:

Nana said...

You guys have such a great attitude about your weather. Even the pictures (although very pretty) make me cold just looking at them. Brrrrr!. I can even imagine what it would be like in that much snow. Stay warm and safe. We are cold too in Florida. Certainly NOT wearing flip flops and shorts right now, but soon I hope.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Thats a lot of snow - but looks "snow" fun! Guess what? We have the same scarf - SURPRISE!!

Jennie said...

LOVE the dolls by the tree. I want some of those.