Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Football '11

This year in fall sports was different because both kids left the "recreation" category and played for schools.  Austin played football for his middle school, along with his buddy Travis.  Every year, we have had such great coaches and have felt very fortunate.  This year was different in football, and it was too bad.  Austin LOVES football and really enjoyed the practices, but game time became a different story and I saw him frustrated and his heart not in it anymore.  I went all southern mama on one of the coaches after a game  - made me think about Tebow's dad and how he handled some coaches at the first high school Tim was at (and subsequently left). Wish Mr. Tebow could've been there with me!  Anyway, Austin transferred to a different school a few weeks ago, and his schedule didn't match up, so we withdrew him from football.  He wasn't disappointed, which speaks alot about the style of coaching there.  Austin is looking forward to playing next year with his new school, and will hopefully be on the same team as his friend, Grant.

Austin and Travis (don't ya love the cornfield in the background?)








3 comments:

Nana said...

I heard about your encounter with the coach. Would have loved to see that. Congrats to Austin on the new school.

Just a "TAD" more said...

They look so cute!!! He didn't know who he was dealing with. You go girl! He will love being with Grant next year.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

I haven't heard about the southern mama encounter - please share! I'm super excited for Austin and his new school! :)