Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas (and bloopers!)

This week has been ridiculously busy and I'm not sure where my head is! We got back from Florida last week, and the next day we had new carpet installed in our family room, after our fireplace surround was replaced with stone. So after all that was done, we could decorate for Christmas! We are also getting ready for a big party - we are hosting a neighborhood Christmas party Sunday night for about 40 people! We love our street and all the people that surround us and are really looking forward to that - we have a blast when we all get together! Here are some pictures of our decorations. I did not do half of what we normally do; I think I'm tired of the clutter, or just tired!


Many years ago, Cary's dad gave us these iron stocking hangers with each name on them and they actually hold a tealight candle behind them but with the garland, I don't think I'll light them!

I cross stitched this stocking for Nicole when she was just a toddler - it's one of my fave things.

The upstairs...



Why can't I seem to get a good pic of the Christmas tree?







Our guest bathroom...Cary gave me this picture of these "lovebirds" this year for our anniversary, and it has a little hidden surprise at the bottom....

awwwww...



One of my favorite Christmas pics of the kids....

I found this wonderful whimsical tree to hang the swarovski crystal ornaments on that my stepmother, Marion, gives us each year. This is the corner behind the kitchen sink. Weird, maybe, but the light from the windows reflects on them so nicely.


This is the oldest piece I have - my kindergarten teacher made this!


The foyer table. . . . .
Above our kitchen cabinets, we put up a snow village - this shows one side of the kitchen, but it wraps all the way around. It's a wonderful glow in the evening when the lights are dim.

We were taking our family Christmas card pic last night (very late I know!) and Nicole was the first one ready so I practiced on her. She is just so photogenic and beautiful. (And thanks to Heather for doctoring up my pics for the card!)
Bloopers!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

I love your upstairs garland. I couldn't get a good picture of my tree either. I don't know why - not one single setting on the camera worked. Those old sentimental peices I have are my favorite too.

Nana said...

I love the way you decorated your house. Christmas is just my most favorite time of the year (except this year it is way to cold). I love all the decorations. I just came back from Disney and wow wow their decorations are amazing. But if I had their budget I could probably do it too. Will post some later. Love your Christmas card pictures (bloopers) you should surprise them and send those out. Ha. Have a wonderful season. I just love Christmas. Did I already tell you that? :)

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

I love all your decorations!! And I get to see them in person this year - YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Nicole is gorgeous, golly, can't wait to get my camera on her.... How did the party go?