Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Yep, minus 13 this morning. Brrrrrrrrrr. It's a gorgeous deep blue sky (because it's so cold, nothing, nothing, not even dust, can exist in the atmosphere!) and a crisp contrast of white ground due to a big snowfall yesterday. In spite of the cold, I love the crystal clear sky where it seems that you can see beyond limitation. I worked at the school this morning and left some iced tea in the car and when I got back, it was frozen. Yep, this southern girl doesn't go a day without her tea, even in winter. The snow crunches under your feet like you're walking on crushed glass. I think our high today is the big Zero - and it will be that way all week. I do worry about the farm animals and a flock of trumpeter swans that have been in the news that have not migrated south. They are being fed but the bitter cold is threatening for them, so pray for the swans today (only in the Ryan home, right??).

1 comment:

Nana said...

I can't even Imagine. I hope I never have to be that cold. Brrrrr!