Today, in a moment of sheer insanity, we had a baby! This was not planned, but we do feel like it was "meant to be" (kinda like those 3rd babies, ya know???). Between bowling and going to a movie, Casey, Austin & I stopped at Petland and the first thing we saw was a Bella look-a-like. It was a boy, cute as could be, and I almost had the kids back out the door, when I asked the little question "how old is he?". That set things in motion, and wouldn't you know it, the lady who worked there has 4 daschunds! We called Daddy who is out of town (who very frequently comes home to new paint or new pets) and he, ever the sweet husband he is, laughed and told me it was up to me. I am not a proponent of buying dogs from petstores, so I wrestled with that notion for a while, but then decided that I was rescuing him from there! He's such a sweet little guy and very affectionate and laid back. But I had visions of Bella ripping him to shreds and having to return him after a week of trying!
So we got him home, and introduced Bella to him, and they ran around the kitchen for 30 minutes. This is NOT Bella's tendency, trust me. We were in shock. She never once barked at him, which is NOT her tendency! It was like she found her long lost friend! So, either, I am trying to fill my nest back up after we'll send Cole to college this week, or I just lost my mind for a little bit! Anyway, we're enjoying him so much - he doesn't have a name yet. We're looking for a "B" name to go with Bella. Open to suggestions!
Bella on the left, baby on the right


His cute little behind!
It's hard to tell them apart, isn't it??

The baaaaaby...
Bella tickling Nicole's neck - so cute!
7 comments:
"Oh my heavenly stars", I'm still in shock!! It's all I can think about! It was the first thing that popped in my head this morning when I woke up! We had a major discussion at dinner last night trying to come up with a name (as if we have naming rights!). Kirsten still thinks it should be Edward (and Bella - you have to know the book). Emily's favorite name is "Sleeping Beauty". Gotta love the 3-year-old. I keep calling him Bella-Boy. He looks so floppy and lovable - I wish we were there!! Congratulations on your new baby. You know I was thinking about how Bella reacted last night, and I'm wondering if she could sense you and your feelings towards the baby and that probably really helped, not to mention that she probably knows her "own kind". That was NOT Bella's reaction to my crazy boys!! That just confirms that you did the right thing!! Congratulations and GOOD LUCK!!! :)
He is cute and they look like twins. Enjoy
Oh my goodness he is ADORABLE!!!! I'll try to come up with a "b" name, but I still like Edward. A lot. I wish we were still there to see him!! Have fun with your new baby! I'll try to come up with a "b" name for him.
Ok me agaain and ive been trying to come up with a good "B" name for him so i thought of bella's name and found out its french for beautiful so i googled french boy names and found these:
Beau- means handsome
Bo- means respected
Byron- dont know what it means
Bruce-again, no meaning
these are the few i thought were cute, especially for your little baby! you dont have to use them, just thought id show you
Aww, thanks Kirsten! And you found out why we named Bella what we did! I had just read the meaning of that name when we got her, and loved her. Now we are thinking of not sticking with a B name - what about Toby? We all kind of like that too. The vet asked me today the name, and I had to say "no name yet" - embarrassing!!
Congrats on your new baby. I like the name Baby. He is so cute. SO is Bella.
Congrats on your newest addition--what an adorable little guy. I can't wait to find out the name!
Post a Comment