Friday, April 2, 2010

Through a Boy's Eyes


Austin has a little camera that he carries around with him and recently, I finally downloaded everything on his memory card. I sat literally, for hours, looking at his photos and videos, laughing til I could laugh no more! I adore this little man and he lights up our lives in a way that only a 10 year old (almost 11:) boy can. So here's a glimpse of life through Austin's eyes:


Self portrait in a mirror:


Going through a tunnel. Apparently.


and a close-up of the orange fuzzy dice that hang in momma's mini-van. He spent about $20 at a carnival determined to win these for me so I could proudly display them. So. They will never come down. I may look like there's a hip-hop party happening in my van, but so be it.


At a recent boy scout camp. His buddy, Travis - you gotta love the lamp on his head.


A stick on a mattress spring at Boy Scout camp.


One kitty

The other kitty


Casey's poster of Justin Bieber. Austin wants his hair like his. When we were going through the port of Miami, one of the security guys said to Austin "hey - you look just like Justin Bieber!". It made his day. But not his sister's... a 13 year old girl doesn't necessarily want her brother to look like the cute teen sensation.



The chandelier in a theatre during a field trip. Just the chandelier. Not a picture of the science guys. However, he took about two hours of video of the science guys.

His own "chandelier" in his living quarters...


The girls he spends most of his free time with:

A close up of one of his many car posters on his wall

His "special" shelf with his "special" model cars.


Just to make sure we know what we look like....

His friend across the street going skiing. Apparently they are not the only ones watching what goes on across the street :).

His buddy Kyle, sound asleep with weaponry in hand:

This way to St. Paul.

A close up of his target for his marshmallow shooter gun.


And just when we start wondering about his eye behind the camera, he took these pics the other day when we were out at the Falls. All by himself, with my old Nikon that he's hijacked and claimed as his own.









2 comments:

Nana said...

These are neat pictures. Great to see what interest a 10 year old almost 11 year old finds interesting.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

These are precious. I could look at them over and over again. I think I may hire him as my assistant. Of course he would have an eye for photography - just like his mama!!