Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Sweet Ride


It's been a gorgeous week here so this morning, Cary and I took the first motorcycle ride of the summer. There's just something about being on a bike when winding through the backroads that is so organic and relaxing; smelling the lilacs that are in full bloom and seeing all the crops that farmers have just planted. It's a beautiful time of year here, and we appreciate it so much after a long winter. We went along the St. Croix Scenic Byway, up through Afton, Bayport and Stillwater. These are small river towns and they are so quaint and peaceful. We enjoyed breakfast at a cute little mom & pop dive called "Not Justa Cafe" and it was deelish! They had hilarious little signs hanging on the walls and it was one of those places where the regulars meet each morning.

Stillwater is known as the birthplace of Minnesota, dating back to 1850s where treaties were signed. There are gorgeous historical homes tucked in the river bluffs and I tried to get a few pics (they are blurry, but hey - I was on the back of a bike!). We always find new places to explore when we meander through this old lumber town.










The Stillwater Lift Bridge


The courthouse





Jennie, I think of you everytime I see this Bed & Breakfast....


Blurry homes :)







My self-portrait



3 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Love the self portrait!! Sometimes I sure miss those motorcyle rides. Tell him to stop by and give me a ride. :)

Great pictures toO!

Nana said...

Minn. is such a beautiful state. I think it would be great in the summer. Love the old homes. The "GREEN" grass and "BLUE" sky. It is beautiful.

Just a "TAD" more said...

What a wonderful relaxing ride. I sometimes think the same thing about PMS!!! I hope it is real.

Want to go riding! (stomp foot up and down!!!)