Sunday, November 7, 2010

I ♥ Saturdays

This weekend, we took advantage of our unseasonably warm temps (low 60s) and decided to get the last of the yard work complete. We loaded up the back of Cary's truck and it's ready to go to compost. We also hung our Christmas lights, which made us look like eager Christmasy people in our neighborhood, but oh, the neighbors will be wishing they thought smart-like-us when it's 25 degrees and the roof is icy! So they're all ready to turn on and it feels very good to have that project done.

Casey hasn't been feeling great, so she laid kind of low, although we did do a little boot shopping. I've become a crazy person when it comes to getting boots this year - I bought a pair that I loved when we were in NYC and when I got them home, decided that they were too big in the calf area. I know. So I was able to return them at the Mall of America, thank goodness. After visiting every store that carried a boot in the MOA, I finally settled on a pair. And now, when I see other booots in an ad, I wonder..... maybe those would be better. It's ridiculous. I'm cutting myself off from any more boot shopping and sparing my daughters and husband from the insanity of it all.


My man on the roof, who does not like being on the roof, but knows how much I (and the kiddos) love the Christmas lights:





Austin created a scooter path on the driveway with sidewalk chalk and he and his buddy, Nathan, had a grand time :)



It was 3D chalk that came with glasses - I don't know what makes it 3D other than the fancy glasses, but when I tried it, it really worked!


Probably one of the last days that the guineas will be outside for a while....


Casey and Kaitlin hung out for a while...aren't they the cutest?



Back to another Monday...

4 comments:

Nana said...

Smart idea getting those Christmas lights up. I bet they are so beautiful shinning through the snow. I can't believe how fast your seasons change. All your leaves are already gone? I guess you wish the snow would go away as fast? Funny you hung your lights up while it was still "warm" and I quite hanging mine up because it was "cold". Thankfully our week is warming back up and I will get out and finish the job. Come see us when you get to Florida.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

HA! I knew Nana would be the first to comment on your Christmas lights!! :) Those chalk scooter paths look very, VERY familiar! Always cracks me up how Cary is "afraid of heights" up there on the roof - he can go 30,000 feet up with no problem, but not 30 feet up.

Boot shopping - I think we might be related.

Cary said...

I don't mind the height it is the sudden stop at the bottom I don't like. SCARRY!

Just a "TAD" more said...

Look forward to having pic with the lights shining through the snow.