Today was a very sad day, as we had to let our Mindy go. She was 19 years old, and the best kitty in the world. She had gotten very frail in the last year, but even so, she never lost her spunkiness. We got her from a shelter when we moved to Kentucky - Nicole was 3. Casey and Austin have had her their whole lives. As I was going through pictures, she's in sooo many of our family photos, always in the background, especially loving Christmas when there was all the paper and ribbons to play with. Her best friend was Sassy, our collie, and she tolerated the arrival of Bella, Toby & Stormy.
Mindy had a special sense when others were sick or sad. She would curl up on that person's bed and sleep with them all night. It always amazed us that she knew who needed her. She's always been gentle and good. Mindy loved, more than anything, to drink the milk from my cereal bowl every morning, and tomorrow morning, I won't know what to do when I go to set that bowl down for her.
Mindy, this morning....

Her earlier years...
She let Nicole dress her up and haul her around in strollers & baskets - she was very tolerant.
3 comments:
Karen I'm so sorry. I remember when we were in the Keys you was telling us about her and how she always drank your milk. God is so good to give us our pets that become such a big part of our lives. We will be thinking about you all today.
Oh dear. I'm so sorry. It seems like Mindy has just always been around. What a special kitty she was. Crying with you.....
Oh mindy. I love her so much. I'm so sorry for your loss. She was such a good cat.
I teared up looking at these pictures. She was so great.
Post a Comment