In early August, we began the process of putting new carpet upstairs and moving Austin's bedroom into Nicole's old room. That project got delayed because the carpet was on backorder. During the delay, everything upstairs was boxed up - ugh! Come to find out, they had the wrong carpet ordered! Our choice was in the warehouse all along...soooo once that got settled, the ball got rolling again. It's never simple in the Ryan home, as we had two rooms to repaint and move in addition to moving everything out of all the bedrooms! Then Cary's flight schedule got busy, so we had to wait a few weeks to move the office that was on the 1st floor, up to the 2nd floor spare bedroom. Not to mention, we had to pick out new furniture for what would be a small living room, and I was perplexed. On the second trip to the furniture store, Cary made the executive decision that we weren't leaving until we decided. We finally decided (on my original choice) and we love it. I did some research on how to furnish small spaces, and it totally worked.
Here's the office after moving out one piece of the desk....this was soooo much work and so many wires and computers. Somehow, we still laughed all day, even while stuck on the stairs with a VERY heavy desk. Got laughing so hard, I never thought we'd get all the way upstairs with the thing!
Notice little Toby on my lap. While repainting the office (after 2 coats of primer because it was so dark), if I was on the floor at all, Toby wanted to be held. He is like a toddler and was tired of not having our attention.
Once an office, now a quiet living space. I'm not completely finished - it needs window treatments and a few more things on the wall, but it's so nice to have it done.
These are the 3 pictures hanging on the wall - I found them for a steal in Kirklands and I just love them.


This room used to be Austin's, and is now the office. We added shelving to the closet, and it provides so much more storage for all the stuff that was crammed under desks and into corners. This closet goes deep on the sides and we still had room for all the winter coats on the ends. It's much more organized! We still have to finish hanging pictures in this room.
Austin's new room
I found these decals called "Sudden Shadows" for the walls and they turned out pretty cool - the paint color shows through them.
(Note: he does not have any cable or tv in his room - this is for his PS2 only :). We found this cool tool storage cabinet and thought it would be fun to house his video games.
Casey's room:
A few Fall details....
And I've been slowly doing our bedroom in an ocean theme, so here are a few peeks.
Whew! Time to enjoy it for a while now!






4 comments:
Wow! what a lot of work, but it looks great.
I love it, I love it, I love it!! And of course I saw so many of the things that we have that are the same!! I absolutely LOVE the front living room now!! Good choice on the couch.
Are you sure you and Heather aren't twins? You sure have the same style and taste. I love your new rooms. Austin and Casey's rooms are really cool and your new office and living room look great. That was A LOT of work. Now enjoy.
Your hard work has paid off. Looks great. The new front living room looks cozy and very inviting. Like you could curl up with a good book or have a great chat with a friend and love one. Office space very organized, I need you to come help me get mine so. Austin's room is too cool and Casey's so teen. Love it.
I refuse to recognize the calendar and give in to fall. It is still summer temps. and I'm going to play just as long as I can. Love the little details.
And of course you room must be done in the beach theme. You love it so much. This winter we will have to get our feet in some sand.
I have been waiting for this post and you guys did a great job.
Post a Comment