Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mudslingers

We celebrated Joy's Big "40" by making pottery! We've talked about doing this for years, and thanks to Kathleen for orchestrating it, we had an awesome time. I highly recommend it for all girlfriends! We hope to go back and take our kids because it would be a great thing for them to experience. So, we went to "Captain Mudslinger" for his expertise and he was such a good teacher. He also tolerated six premenopausal women for 4 HOURS!! And we are a loud, crazy, "say what I'm thinking" kind of group (what else would I have??). But now that I think about it, it was probably the quietest we've ever been because we were all concentrating so much. Anyway, I think we got ten lessons in one by the master of mudslingers because our bowls actually look like bowls! He will fire them in the next two weeks, so when we get them back, I'll post a picture of them. I think they'll be beautiful!













6 comments:

Nana said...

What a fun thing to do. Your bowls look great too. Just love getting your hands all into that clay.

Cary said...

That looks like so much fun! We did that too. Me and the guys had a great guys night out making pottery. It was a night to remember. Ha Ha

Love ya

Jennie said...

That looks fun. Yes, Cary I'm sure you had about as much fun as Danny would have making pottery.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

WOW - That looks so cool!! We have done a lot of pottery painting and glazing, but have never made actual pottery!! Will put it on my (ever-growing) to-do list!

Cole said...

MOM.
I updated my blog!! woohoo.
and i love your pottery pictures.
looked fun :)

Wendy said...

Karen, I've been visiting your blog today and LOVE this idea! I take "clay class" with some friends every Thursday morning for a few hours. I've tried to "throw" before and while I do have a bowl to show for my effort, I've not perfected the "wheel" yet. I'm glad y'all had this experience as I LOVE my class--such a great outlet during these crazy days with the boys! Take care, Wendy (Heather's friend from Ohio--we met in TN a few Christmas' ago)