Monday, October 20, 2008

The Zoo

We had a "girls" weekend this past weekend because dad was flying and Austin went with his friend Travis to their cabin up north (yes, here in Minnesota, we can still say "up north" even though I never thought such land existed!). School in Minnesota was out last Thursday and Friday for MEA and it's always such a nice time of the year to be off - no holiday or busyness, just time off. So the girls and I went to the zoo on Saturday to see a new exhibit of Russia. It must've been the cool weather, because the animals were so active. We saw grizzly bears playing like kids in their large pool. When they would spash their paws it sounded like thunder! We also had a great time watching baby Gibbon monkeys - the mom was so sweet in trying to contain those two youngsters and to keep them from getting hurt.



Welcome to Moose Country





The Amur Leopard is almost extinct - there are approx. 30 left in the world. The beauty of their coats has caused them to be hunted to nonexistence.





A very short video of the bears playing - hope it works!

The sneak attack! 1. . .
2 . . .3!
Going to pout now . . .

Look at this sweet momma trying to keep her baby safe.




Casey, Nicole and a very cute lion - they didn't see him sneaking in - it was so cute.









4 comments:

casey ryan said...

Wow mom I had no idea how tall I am. I'm practically shortestt in my class *shrimpy* I love you

Nana said...

Great pictures. I love to see the animals. I love the lepard and would love a coat but would never want to kill the animal for one. I think the are all beautiful. Love watching the bears playing.

Cole said...

omg casey is like as tall as me. something must be wrong with your camera haha
thats a really cute picture though.
love you

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

I noticed how Casey seemed so tall too!! Or Nicole has gotten shorter!! I love the little sneaky lion picture!!