Thursday, October 30, 2008

Scoopin' Out

Yesterday, I decided that we would scoop out the pumpkins and have them ready for carving on Friday afternoon. We always carve them on the afternoon of Oct. 31, and it's always a little too busy by the time we do that, eat dinner, get costumes on and head out in our neighborhood. So hopefully, this will help some. The kids had a ball digging in the mushy mush and it was a gorgeous afternoon. We are supposed to have good weather all week. Our neighborhood is so much fun for trick or treating. Everybody is out together and all the parents have as much fun as the kids. I know that not all neighborhoods are like this and I'm thankful for the midwest family atmosphere of ours.



Austin, with his friend Travis





Austin cracked me up in this picture. What is he thinking about staring at an ice cream scooper?





Little boys and pumpkin guts means war!



Mischevious, but oh so cute!





Casey hard at work (I love her expressions)








Bella (with pumpkin seeds on her!)





2 comments:

Nana said...

Looks like they had fun. I must admit cleaning out the pumpkin guts is not my fave thing to do. Have a Happy Halloween. We are going to Silver Springs for their "trick or treat" day for children tomorrow.

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

That is such a classic Casey expression!! We too decided not to do the pumpkins on Halloween, we always end up being so rushed!! Great minds think alike!