Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Day at the Fair - Part 2 (and that's all folks, I promise!)


More fair pics....

This cracked me up. Ya would've thought it was gold - the boys got so excited at seeing all the different types of nails/screws that this tent had!


Big boy toys
At this display, you were weighed and your pounds added to the total; it'll be interesting to see what that # is at the end of the fair!




Taylor and Casey getting on the skyway. It's so fun to get the view from up high and rest your feet for a few minutes.



Feel like you want to be a hamster??


One of our other favorite treats - roasted corn - yum!

Austin and Travis on the Giant Slide. Austin has loved this since he was very little :)





Duane to Travis "Are you laying an egg Trav?"





Austin trying to win fries - he came sooooo close!

While we were walking out, I saw this pirate at the haunted house, and thought he looked oh-so-familiar. He was the same pirate who was at the Tall Ships (I just had to ask him) and the kids had their picture taken with him then! Such a small world. Apparently, there is such a profession as a professional pirate :).



Another great year at the Fair!

5 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

A profession as a professional pirate! HA! I saw a Fried Pickles booth - mmmm one of my latest favorites! That corn looks yummy too. It's all about the food to me.....

Nana said...

Love the pictures and I agree with Heather. It looks like it is all about the food. Looks like you work your way through the fair one bite at a time.:) Love it.

Just a "TAD" more said...

I don't think I would want to be a hamster.
I love the "Tip the Scale ", I think that would make a fun science project. To go to Wal-mart or the mall and weight everyone and at the end of the day give a total divided by people who participated, but unfair to do it at your fair with all that cool food.

What is a fried pickle?

Austin looks so cute posing with his sisters.

Thanks for sharing all the pics. Makes me want to visit your fair one year.

Karen said...

The pickles are sliced thin and deep fried, like a chip. Um, not my fave. We tried them and it was a little weird. And yes we eat our way through the fair, literally! Every year, it's a culinary delight and soooo yummy. Ya'll should all come with us one year, because there's nothing like it (well, except maybe other State Fairs - but I'm sure they don't compare to the Great Minnesota Get Together!).

Nana said...

Well for sure it beats the Bradford or Clay County fair. haha